Saturday, May 26, 2018

Week 21 Review: 206 Bones

From Goodreads:
There are 206 bones in the human body. Forensic anthropologists know them intimately, can read in them stories of brief or long lives and use them to reconstruct every kind of violent end. 206 Bones opens with Tempe regaining consciousness and discovering that she is in some kind of very small, very dark, very cold enclosed space. She is bound, hands to feet. Who wants Tempe dead, or at least out of the way, and why? Tempe begins slowly to reconstruct...

Tempe and Lieutenant Ryan had accompanied the recently discovered remains of a missing heiress from Montreal to the Chicago morgue. Suddenly, Tempe was accused of mishandling the autopsy -- and the case. Someone made an incriminating phone call. Within hours, the one man with information about the call was dead. Back in Montreal, the corpse of a second elderly woman was found in the woods, and then a third.

Seamlessly weaving between Tempe's present-tense terror as she's held captive and her memory of the cases of these murdered women, Reichs conveys the incredible devastation that would occur if a forensic colleague sabotaged work in the lab. The chemistry between Tempe and Ryan intensifies as this complex, riveting tale unfolds.

My first review of 206 Bones
My Review:
This book was so great to read! And yeah that I finally caught up to what I'd previously read, and from now on, all the books in this series, I'll be reading for the first time! I'm so excited! Because this series is just so great!

I really enjoyed the way this book was told, going back and forth between the present where she's held captive, and then the past that lead up to that point. It was different from the other books,which gradual builds up the tension, and yeah, I enjoyed it!

One thing that I really enjoyed was the fact that we got to meet Pete's relatives and get their background. Sure, it's only a small portion of this book, but her relationship with Pete is a big part of this series, directly and indirectly, and it was so great to see his roots!

That the one bad gal manipulated things so that it made Tempe look incompetent, just so she could have Tempe's job, urgh, that was so infuriating! The idea that one person could be capable in all those disciplines, nope, not going to happen! Loved how Tempe proved that with her specialized knowledge! And her speech about certification, yeah, it's important! 

This book was fantastic, and I can't wait to read more, and new to me, books! 

Author: Kathy Reichs
Series: Temperance Brennan #12
First Read: June 4th, 2011
Read: May 23rd, 2018
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2018 Book!
Publisher: Pocket Star Books
Published: August 25th 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!