Saturday, February 10, 2018

Week 6 Review: Cold Hard Truth

From Goodreads:
Emmie O'Brien is a former good girl now on the fringe. She spent a crazy year involved with Nick, her mom's drug dealer; after her arrest she was lucky to go back to her old life. But she's haunted by the choices she made—first, to be with Nick, and then later, to testify against him. 

Max Shepherd is a senior varsity hockey player with serious anger issues. His grief over the death of his girlfriend causes him to see injustice wherever he looks. When they meet in community service, Max is drawn to Emmie's calm energy, but Emmie knows better than to get too close to anyone. When friends of Nick show up seeking revenge, Emmie is forced to come to terms with her past, while Max has to control his protective instincts. They must trust one another, especially when Emmie's situation takes a dangerous turn.

My Review:
This book was so freaking good! My favourite of her books still has to be Lies Beneath, but yeah, I enjoyed this book so much! I was surprised at how quickly I was turning the pages! I have a harder time reading contemporary books, but this had a mix of romance and dealing with past bad choices/mistakes! Which made it so great to read!

One random comment I have is, a character says thespians, and the narrator, Max, comments in his head that the guy was an ass because the way he said it rhymed with lesbians. I thought that was the way that it was pronounced! So what is the right way?

Emmie had Nick's voice in her head. And that messed her up, like that voice would say she didn't deserve friends because she turned on the ones she had. But those people, they weren't her friends. There was a lot of negativity there, and I enjoyed her journey!

Max had something of an anger issue problem, since his girlfriend's death, which he blamed himself for. So they both had their issues. It's just that hers were both mental and outside forces. But they both helped the other, even when times were tough! I loved it!

This book was just really fantastic! I just really enjoyed how all the different elements came together for this excellent book!

Author: Anne Greenwood Brown
Read: February 7th, 2018
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her books, and it's a SAC 2018 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Albert Wilbert Company
Expected Publication: April 3rd 2018
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!