Saturday, July 28, 2012

Week 30 Review: Havoc

From Goodreads:
Emily Webb thought life would return to normal after the death of the man who attacked her and her fellow "Deviants." Or as normal as it could be, after discovering that she has nighttime superpowers . . . and she's a werewolf. But when Emily awakes one night to find an otherworldy Shadowman watching her, she knows the danger has only just begun.

So Emily and her pack-mates set out to find the people who made them what they are, and why. But as they get closer to the truth, they realize they aren't the only ones in town with special powers: The most popular girls in school might just have a secret of their own–and they might just have it out for Emily.

With shadowy beings stalking them, a mysterious company doing all it can to keep the truth hidden, and the secrecy of her new identity in jeopardy, life threatens to spiral out of control for Emily. Soon these dangers will come together in one terrifying confrontation that may force her to make the toughest choice of her life . . . so far.

My Review:
This book was so awesome! It's been a while since I read the first book, but things just go right into the swing of things, and yeah, it was just awesome to read it! I loved being in this world again, with these characters! It was so great!

I loved the plotline with the cheerleaders, it was epic! Because it's usually the popular girls who despise the abnormal, like witches, and yet in this book, they are the abnormal, and yeah, that was just really fantastic! And I really enjoyed their dynamic with Emily!

I enjoyed the lady who was transcribing what Emily was doing, comments! They were just hilarious, and then the back and forth with the other employee, just made them all the better! And I just can't wait to see how this fits in with the rest of the series, the main part of the book, even!

That ending! The weird Shadowman! I just want to know more, and I know we got a lot in this book, but I know we can get more, it's only the 2nd book, there's still Ravage, and yeah, I can't wait for that, because it's going to be so good!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was just the perfect sequel, no sophomore slump here!

Author: Jeff Sampson
Series: Deviants #2
Read: July 27th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved Deviants, and it's a LLFL Book and a Sophomore Reading challenge book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Published: January 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!