Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 29 Review: Forgiven

From Goodreads:
Kula Baker never expected to find herself on the streets of San Francisco, alone but for a letter of introduction. Though she has come to the city to save her father from a cruel fate, Kula soon finds herself swept up in a world of art and elegance - a world she hardly dared dream of back in Montana, where she was no more than the daughter of an outlaw. And then there is the handsome David Wong, whose smiling eyes and soft-spoken manner have an uncanny way of breaking through Kula's carefully crafted reserve. Yet when disaster strikes and the wreckage threatens all she holds dear, Kula realizes that only by unlocking her heart can she begin to carve a new future for herself.

My Review:
This was a good book with great writing, but I just didn't like Kula all that much as a character, mostly because of her narration, like say, "Kula Baker is no fool" or something like that, it annoyed me, but the actual story, and who Kula grows into, I liked. I just didn't like a good deal of the narration.

I haven't read the first book, and after how much trouble I had with this book, I'm not sure if I will or not. Well, I probably will, since most of my problems with this one was Kula, and I don't think she narrates Faithful. But anyways.

So yeah, like I said, I really liked who Kula grew into, and the journey she went on that, was especially pleasing, because it drew her away from the self that was so annoying me to. So yeah, that was really great!

That disaster, the earthquake of San Francisco, if I knew more about history, then I would've known that it was coming. Well, the synopsis mentions it, so that's something! But then when it actually happened, it's kinda scary how violent nature can be, with nothing we humans can do but brace ourselves!

All in all, I enjoyed this book quite a bit, but yeah, I did have my issues with it! But I finished, so yeah!

Author: Janet Fox
Series: Faithful #2
Read: July 19th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, won the first in a giveaway, and it's a YAHFC book!
Publisher: Speak
Published: June 2nd 2011
3/5 Hearts
2.5/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!