Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 29 Review: Forgive My Fins

From Goodreads:
Lily Sanderson has a secret, and it's not that she has a huge crush on gorgeous swimming god Brody Bennett, who makes her heart beat flipper-fast. Unrequited love is hard enough when you're a normal teenage girl, but when you're half human, half mermaid like Lily, there's no such thing as a simple crush.

Lily's mermaid identity is a secret that can't get out, since she's not just any mermaid – she's a Thalassinian princess. When Lily found out three years ago that her mother was actually a human, she finally realized why she didn't feel quite at home in Thalassinia, and she's been living on land and going to Seaview high school ever since, hoping to find where she truly belongs. Sure, land has its problems – like her obnoxious, biker boy neighbor Quince Fletcher – but it has that one major perk – Brody. The problem is, mermaids aren't really the casual dating type – when they "bond," it’s for life.

When Lily's attempt to win Brody's love leads to a tsunami-sized case of mistaken identity, she is in for a tidal wave of relationship drama, and she finds out, quick as a tailfin flick, that happily-ever-after never sails quite as smoothly as you planned.

My Review:
This book was a lot of fun! I just loved the little mistake that gets Lily bonded with Quince, when she's had a crush on water-lover Brody, which is kinda what you'd expected. Her having a crush on a water person, vs. the biker boy, not the one who makes such mistakes!

I just loved all the sea descriptions that Lily, and the synopsis, used, they were nice and cute, and fun to read, to see things from an alternative perspective! Especially since while I can swim, I don't like getting wet, because it takes forever for me to dry!

I enjoyed all of these characters, Lily, who's insecure because she's a princess that knows pretty much nothing about ruling, Quince, the bad boy rebel who really puts on an act, so he can control who he knows. Which I can relate to!

When Lily and Quince are trying to get rid of the bond, that was just so cute! I mean, they have these tasks-and while they're doing them, they fall in love! Which is just so cute and loveable! Even if the bond breaks in the end, they have an emotional one now!

Yeah, I enjoyed this book a lot, it was really creative, and I hope the future books have endings like this, because then they'd just be so awesome!

Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Series: Fins #1
Read: July 20th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book, and it's a Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge book!
Publisher: HarperCollins
Published: May 10th 2010
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!