Saturday, July 21, 2012

Week 29 Review: Dead to You

From Goodreads:
Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family. It's a miracle... at first. Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together. But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked. Something unspeakable...

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book, but the ending was so cut off, and there's so many questions, I'm either hoping for a sequel, or at least a short story afterwards or something, because I want to know what's going to happen next, the problems won't just disappear like that!

So first off, what I really want to say, is that this was a really incredible, amazing book. Just the premise, a boy who was abducted, but comes home years later, but with no memory of his first 7 years on this earth, well, kinda sounds like every parent's nightmare-and then that stage between sleep and waking.

Gracie was just such a great character! Ethan, too, but Gracie, the 6 year old, "replacement child" was just so cute, and didn't have the anger issues like Blake did. And she was just so darned cute, and helped Ethan adjust to everything!

Oh, that ending? Just totally strange, and there's still a lot of questions there! I just really would like more, even if it's just a novella or a short story, or even just a scene, if some of these questions could be answered!

Such a great, enjoyable book! I just love reading Lisa McMann's books!

Author: Lisa McMann
Read: July 18th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a great book, and it's a reward challenge book and a LLFL book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: February 7th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!