Friday, July 27, 2012

First Lines Friday #56, July 27th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

"I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and studied the bags under my eyes, which were half-hidden behind my crooked glasses. Looked at how limp and mousy my hair was, definitely not shampoo-commercial ready. I head a pair of sleeping pills, half-heartedly telling myself to pop 'em back. Go all sleazy starlet and abuse those prescription drugs like there's no tomorrow." -Vesper by Jeff Sampson

Well, that's an interesting first line, and since I can't remember if the ending of Deviants was and how it relates to this one, like the recording thing, I'm pretty sure that hasn't happened in the timeline of Vesper, but yeah, thinking. But great first lines! Happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Love this cover! This book seems a little different from your usual. The first lines are very descriptive. Sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too :) And it's more my usual then what normally goes up on FLF, I read mostly YA :) And it was an great one!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!