Saturday, July 14, 2012

Week 28 Review: Spirit's Princess

From Goodreads:
Himiko the beloved daughter of a chieftain in third century Japan has always been special. The day she was born there was a devastating earthquake, and the tribe's shamaness had an amazing vision revealing the young girl's future—one day this privileged child will be the spiritual and tribal leader over all of the tribes. Book One revolves around the events of Himiko's early teen years—her shaman lessons, friendships, contact with other tribes, and journey to save her family after a series of tragic events. Once again, Esther Friesner masterfully weaves together history, myth, and mysticism in a tale of a princess whose path is far from traditional.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! I originally got it at NetGalley, but it expired before I could finish it! So I had to get it from the library-and the wait was torture!-and then I was able to finish. Because oh, boy, this was a really great book!

I haven't read any of her bother books, though I've seen them around. This book convinced me to read them! I just loved learning about Himiko, a princess, and that the others are like that, princesses that most probably haven't heard of, well, sounds really interesting and great!

Himiko, just loved reading about her! So interesting, and some of the things she goes through, are so unfair! What with the Shaman thing, and then the dreams of the guy, which I really can't wait to see where it goes!

The main thing that I loved about this book, was the characters, from Himiko, her parents, her siblings, her mentors, and the other tribe she finds when lost. They were real, they had flaws and were just so readable!

And oh, the ending, just makes me want the next book, so I really hope that it's up on NetGalley or something, I just really want to read it!

Author: Esther Friesner
Series: Spirit's Princess #1, Princesses of Myth #5
Read: July 13th, 2012
Source: NetGalley/Library
Reason Why: It sounded really good!
Publisher: Random House Children's Books
Published: April 24th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!